BATTERY // Is your BATTERYBOKS acting weird?
Experiencing an issue with your battery? No worries, we have your back! To ensure that the issue is not related to your charger, make sure that the charger can turn on your SOUNDBOKS before proceeding. If this is not possible, refer to this article: Charger Issues.
In most cases, many battery problems can be solved with a few easy steps. Below are a few possible issues you could be experiencing with your battery and ways to solve each issue.
If the LED’s on your battery indicate a red or purple light, please follow these steps to reset your battery:
- Connect your charger to a wall-socket and then to the battery. Charge the battery for 4 hours.
- Press the rubber button on top of your battery once
- Wait for 5 seconds (until the LEDs don’t glow anymore)
- As soon as the LEDs don't glow anymore, press and hold the button for approx 5-10 seconds until you see one LED light up
- Now your battery has been reset
Here you can watch the steps additionally on a video:
If the LEDs are constantly glowing or not showing at all, please try the following steps:
- Discharge the battery through normal usage until it’s completely empty and your SOUNDBOKS cannot turn on anymore.
- Now charge your battery until it is completely full - this usually takes around 3.5 hours.
- Leave the battery unconnected for twelve hours (don’t use it or charge it during this period)
- The LEDs on your battery should now have been recalibrated
- If the LEDs still don’t work accordingly, please try the steps 2-3 times.
If you are experiencing other LED issues (e.g. different colours or a non-working 5th LED): we suggest giving the battery a few full cycles to see if the LED issue will reset to normal.
You can also reset the battery by pressing and holding the rubber button on the top for 10 seconds.
Should the above not solve the issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a video following these few instructions:
- Take the battery out of your SOUNDBOKS.
- Plug your charger into the wall socket, plug the end of the charger into the DC input in the battery tray. Turn ON the SOUNDBOKS and show us what happens on the control panel.
- Plug the battery into the battery tray of the SOUNDBOKS. Turn ON the SOUNDBOKS and show us what happens on the control panel.
- Plug the charger into the battery and push the rubber button on top of the battery when connected.
Our repair team will take a look at the videos and we will get back to you with a solution.